Sunday, April 21, 2019

Why I Don't Post Here Anymore

This blog earns no money.
It gets a decent amount of views, it has a high click through rate....yet earns no money.
50,000 page views in the past year = $5.00.......what the fuck is up with that?
I don't understand all the adsense lingo, I have no idea why it earns nothing.
It's like I'm doing charity work giving free advertising.
Why should I plaster ads all over this, almost biblical, epic work of literature and receive nothing in return?

I probably could come up with some dumb shit to write about again but I don't need to do it for nothing anymore. I'm not greedy but I think I should earn enough to buy a can of soda once in a while.

3 comments:

bigbillhell said...

As someone who stumbled upon this blog a good decade after the events transpired and then read it in one sitting, i'm glad it's here. Even if I don't appreciate everything you write, like your political bits, it was still an excellent read and I think it's worth it to post again, even if not often and just for fun.

I realize this blog had more readers a long time ago, but some of us are still here. We're just few and far between.

Anonymous said...

hey, i just read through this blog after finding it linked in some random comment thread. just felt like leaving a note after reading through all that, especially the 2017 update.
it was really heartwarming to see you be able to look back at bob with a measure of kindness. don't feel bad about what you wrote though, you went through hell and living in that kind of situation would turn anyone bitter.
doesn't matter how good of a person bob was underneath his mental problems and whether or not he had any conscious control over the situation, he still made your life hell for years.
i'm glad you were able to put it behind you, and i really hope both you and bob are living a better life now.
i don't know if you'll even read this and even if you do you probably don't need a random internet stranger telling you all this, but then again i'm probably writing this for my own sake as much as for you.
take care.

Bobby said...

I haven't seen any adsense ads anywhere on this site.