Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Dawn of the Dead

My blog server problems were apparently from being the featured blog on myblogdirectory.net. A fine site, by the way, I highly recommend everyone visit. I guess all the hits there bogged me down somehow. Anyhow, I'm back to smooth sailing with Firefox and everything works again. My hellish blog is now back to normal with no viewers and no comments.

Bob is now working the day shift at his friends' business. Yes, the zombie is venturing out into the daylight. I figured he might turn to dust in the daylight, but I guess not as he left this morning at 9:30am. Of course he came home after work with a 30 pack of 'Extra Gold' and he's working on it now as I type. He'll probably go back to his 2 part sleep routine now - go to bed at 5am, sleep 'til 9am - come home at 6pm, sleep 'til 9, commence drinking.

I have to get up early tomorrow to run some antiques up to New Hampshire. I'm praying for a quiet drunk-free night here. I submitted my first offer on a house today with my realtor. It's a lot more complicated than I thought. I've looked at 20-30 houses so far, I liked this one the most but it's overpriced so I made a lowball offer. It's been on the market for 5 months so they may wiggle a bit more with the price, we shall see. The average home price here has fallen by almost 1/3 since the peak in Dec. '05. Houses are taking a long time to sell here now, the bubble has definitely deflated.

No comments: